• For testing only, data may change, data here will be wiped out. Live conversations should happen in main site at https://fordsix.com

I need help…Localhost? Login Error?

It works for me fine. However, when my partner tries to use it, it doesn’t seem to work. I’m guessing it has to do with the localhost? How can I make it work?

So, yeah first thing I think of is .htaccess is not being called. So, I tossed some gobbledegook into the first line of .htaccsss, and sure enuf, nothing happened. (No hoped-for error results.) So, yep, I've gotta go change some Apache setting somewhere. (NB. Meanwhile, all my .dev stuff vhosted elsewhere on my Mac under my Sites folder is working just fine.)

So, yeah first thing I think of is .htaccess is not being called. So, I tossed some gobbledegook into the first line of .htaccsss, and sure enuf, nothing happened. (No hoped-for error results.) So, yep, I've gotta go change some Apache setting somewhere. (NB. Meanwhile, all my .dev stuff vhosted elsewhere on my Mac under my Sites folder is working just fine.)

Buuuut,... Various Googling and also Lodge-y searches herein have not led me to whatever obvious thing I've messed up or overlooked. glug

powermonomer

Verified Member
BTW, (just in case anyone was wondering) Statamic 1.11.1 is in no way implicated in my troubles. I'm running it in my local .dev environment and on a remote server, and it's humming away nicely.

If you do not use a vhost configuration, then check your httpd.conf file and make sure these lines are in your <Directory> statement that points to your Sites folder.

powermonomer

Verified Member
I have hit the same problem, wanted to test 2.5 out so created a fresh database and did a clean install of 2.5, the installation page comes up but once that is completed the redirect goes to a Page Not Found error, as does any other page. The database was populated with tables, but nothing working up front. If you want to know more details please visit here localhost error