• For testing only, data may change, data here will be wiped out. Live conversations should happen in main site at https://fordsix.com

New Guy from East Tennessee

I'm Alan, I'm 74 and I have more experience with Ford stuff than anything else. Back when, I used to race Fords on circle tracks and beat up on Chevys pretty regularly. I'm a retired Boilermaker and a retired Teamster, been married to the same woman for 51 years, got 6 kids, 22 grandkids and not sure due to my failing memory, but possibly 10 or more great-grandchildren. If that woman hadn't looked so damn good in a mini-skirt, none of those kids would have happened. Fortunately, I don't see them all at the same time as most live at least 2 states away. I was referred to this site by someone on the HAMB when I couldn't get an answer about a low mileage, running Ford 215 I was given. I'm sure I can get answers here. Look forward to exchanging ideas with everyone.

Alan Purvis

wsa111

Staff member
Welcome aboard Alan.
At one of our old dirt tracks, a 300 Ford Six either beat most of the Chevys or gave them a good run. They had that torque instantly out of the turns & had such a lead that held into the next turn. On the poor fuel mileage, check your A/F ratio.
If thats ok then what are you running for a distributor??? Bill

bubba22349

Staff member
A big welcome to the Ford Six forums Alan, glad you found us always room for another Ford racer! Be sure to check out the Vintage Ford Six forum for info and answers to that 215 six. Good luck :thumbup: :nod: